This Honey Prosciutto appetizer made with thin crackers, gouda, prosciutto, and slivers of red onion is so quick to prepare and the flavour is ridiculously delicious.
Honey Prosciutto on crackers
total time: 15 MINUTES
- Thin crackers of your choice. I used the Salticrax Roasted Onion
- Gouda, thinly sliced
- Prosciutto – a thinly sliced Italian ham
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Honey for drizzling
- Optional: Plain Full Fat Cream Cheese
- Start by setting out your crackers and spreading a very thin layer of cream cheese over each.
- Put on your gouda cheese, followed by your prosciutto and thinly sliced red onions.
- Drizzle with honey and season with chilli flakes and coarse sea salt
- Watch them disappear!
The honey I used was our Bush specialty honey. You can get yours at our online shop. The Bush honey is pretty special – it has that wild feel to it and a soft, smokey taste that would pair well with pork, game meat or part of a salad dressing.
We are always on the lookout for interesting flavour combinations that are fail-safe and easy to throw together. This appetizer is a take on the lunchtime snack that we enjoy no matter the occasion. We simply were trying to use honey as the inspiration for this recipe. We often enjoy a variety of toppings on crackers such as tuna and cucumber or chicken mayo and baby spinach, and it was only a matter of time before we came across the golden apple – my take on the Honey Prosciutto!
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and tag @melnovusfoods. We can’t wait to see your creation!