This Honey, Walnut, and Goat Cheese Crostini recipe makes a delicious appetizer with sweet honey and earthy walnuts balancing the creamy tang of fresh goat cheese in this easy to make recipe!
Honey, Walnut and Goats Cheese Crostini
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces
- 5 ounces goat cheese, softened to room temperature
- Honey for drizzling (I used a few tablespoons)
The honey I used was our Macadamia specialty honey. You can get yours at our online shop.
- Preheat an oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the bread and arrange on a baking sheet. Lightly coat both sides of each piece with olive oil. Sprinkle the tops with salt.
- Toast the walnuts in a single layer on a second baking sheet.
- Place the bread slices and walnuts in the oven on separate racks.
- Allow the walnuts to toast for 5-7 minutes, checking every minute or so, until golden brown and fragrant. Be careful not to burn them!
- Remove the bread slices when crisped and golden.
- Rest until cool to the touch. Spread a thin layer of goat cheese over the top of each, then top with walnuts, arugula, and a drizzle of honey. Serve warm.
We first came across goat’s cheese on a cheese tour and tasting while on holiday – and it was something to behold. While both my husband and I really enjoyed to rich flavours, my mind immediately began thinking about how I could incorporate goat’s cheese into more recipes and more meals; and thus my take on the Honey, Walnut, and Goat Cheese Crostini was born!
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and tag @melnovusfoods. We can’t wait to see your creation!